Our most advanced BTEC Media specifications to date
Easier to teach, more flexible and more engaging for your students, the new BTEC Media specifications for 2010 are our most advanced to date. Send for your free pack containing everything you need to teach the new BTECs in Media, from implementation through to teaching and extra support. The specification is contained in a durable carry case with clearly defined sections, so all the information you need is at your fingertips.
Get up to speed for 2010 - order your BTEC Media specification pack today!
Your specification pack contains:
This lists all the key features and benefits of the qualification, and includes information on SCAAT and Ucas points and on assessment, approval processes and co-teaching the BTEC with other qualifications in schools and FE.
Key features of the new BTEC specifications:
- Clearly stated learning outcomes, so it is clear from the outset what learners must be able to do to achieve the unit
- Clear grading criteria charts, which set out the requirements for Pass, Merit and Distinction grades
- New Outline Learning Plans, to provide specific guidance on appropriate assignments, activities and assessment
- A new programme of suggested assignments which match the work to the grading criteria, so ensuring the delivery programme and assessment are closely linked.
Teaching BTEC guide
The teacher support materials give a user-friendly introduction to BTEC to help you get started with your delivery. The guide includes:
- A full overview of planning course delivery
- A comparison chart showing old and new BTEC unit
- Ideas for tracking learner progress
- A sample scheme of work
- Case studies from schools and colleges delivering BTEC
- Hints and tips on good practice
- A walk-through the assessment process, including a sample assignment with learner work and grading
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our BTEC support resources have been developed to provide you with all of the information you need when choosing your BTEC course. These resources will help you with pre-course planning and successfully implementing and delivering BTEC in your centre, and will guide you through the reporting and certification requirements of BTEC. You’ll also find in these resources useful links and contact details to enable you to get even more support and guidance.
An interactive, at-a-glance guide to the entire specification, including a summary of each unit. Information can be printed and given to your students and teachers.
Request your free Media specification pack today!