Read the interactive guide to learn more
Why teach Learning for Life?
- Learners of all abilities flourish when they can apply their own knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to a subject. The skills acquired in the BTEC Learning for Life courses can be applied to any subject, helping learners improve their results across the curriculum.
- Learners learn to recognise and reflect upon their own experiences and competences, providing them with the skills required to be successful in job interviews and to work independently in Further and Higher Education.
- Learners can progress through the course at a pace suitable for them. Registration and certification can take place at any time for learners aged 14+. Flexible unit options ranging from Entry 3 to Level 3 mean this qualification can be delivered to whole cohorts of students, with a range of abilities.
- Evidence collection requirements are flexible and not constrained to assignments, saving you time, and allowing learners to take responsibility and ownership of their own and peer evidence collection.
- BTEC Learning for Life can be taught as a stand-alone qualification or embedded in any part of the curriculum, allowing you to adapt the course effectively to your centre’s curriculum and staffing structures.
Learn more about the course