Getting started with Unit 4 The Essentials
Understand what resources you need to support the delivery of Unit 4. These documents can be found here.
- Unit 4 specification content
Understanding Controlled assessment
- You have access to the Controlled Assessment Support Book and the podcast, explaining what controlled assessment is and the processes involved.
- Controlled assessment record sheet (CAR) must be completed for each student and submitted with the work
Controlled Assessment Brief
- Controlled Assessment Brief (CAB)* - new CAB will be released in May of each year, and will be valid for four windows. Please check further documentation for the validity of each CAB.
- Controlled Assessment Brief Support Notes* provides notes clarifying the tasks and activities in the CAB. Sample Controlled Assessment brief so you now what to expect
* To view these documents, you will need access to the secure area on Edexcel Online. If you do not have a login, you will need to speak to your Edexcel Online administrator at your centre or, alternatively, call our online support team on 0844 576 0024 who will be able to help.