Getting started with Unit 2 The Essentials
Understand what you need to support the delivery of Unit 2. These documents can be found here.
- Unit 2 specification content
Understanding Controlled assessment
- You have access to the Controlled Assessment Support Book and the podcast, explaining what controlled assessment is and the processes involved.
- Assessment Guidance document exemplifies the standard of evidence required.
- Controlled assessment record sheet (CAR) must be completed for each student and submitted with the work
- Moderators’ Toolkit - All our moderators have a pre-defined software toolkit installed on their computers. Students must ensure that the contents of their work can be read by the software in this toolkit. Moderators will not be able to access content that requires the use of any other application.
Controlled Assessment Brief
- Controlled Assessment Brief (CAB)* new CAB will be released in May of each year, and will be valid for four windows. Please check further documentation for the validity of each CAB.
- Controlled Assessment Brief Support Notes* provides notes clarifying the tasks and activities in the CAB.
- Sample Controlled Assessment brief so you now what to expect
- Example student work and commentaries* are available to exemplify the standard.
*To view these documents, you will need access to the secure area on Edexcel Online. If you do not have a login, you will need to speak to your Edexcel Online administrator at your centre or, alternatively, call our online support team on 0844 576 0024 who will be able to help.
FREE Teaching Tools to support Unit 2, as provided in the Teacher’s Toolkit and available on the website.
You have access to:
- A Course Planner, this is a suggested Scheme of Work for Units 1 and 2. The planner can be customised to meet the needs of your centre.
- Skills Builders to support the Course Planner. These Teaching blocks include lesson plans and worksheets. These can be edited to suit the needs of your learners.
- Published Resources