Why choose Edexcel GCSE Psychology?
• Motivating range of current and accessible themes gives broader appeal
• Develops students’ understanding of the key underpinning methodology in psychology
• Modular structure allows students to bank success as they go
• Straightforward specification that tells you exactly what you need to teach
• A context-based approach develops students’ knowledge and understanding, preparing them for GCE study.
More about our GCSE from 2009 in Psychology
• A motivating range of current and accessible themes unlocks the subject, broadening the appeal of the course
• Through this specification, students develop understanding of the key underpinning methodology in psychology and how psychology works when considered in practical terms
• The course is modular with a choice of January and June assessment (for unit 1), enabling students to complete bite-size chunks of the qualification and bank success
• The specification is straightforward and explicit about the content so you know what to teach
• It has been developed following consultation with teachers, students and stakeholders. It has been designed so that students can study subjects relevant to society today, while developing an understanding of key psychological concepts
• The focus is on the process of psychology and its application in today’s world, making this a contemporary qualification. The units contain key psychological questions with key terms, practical aspects including the research of psychologists and the research students can undertake, and the relevance of issues to the world
• This GCSE develops student knowledge and understanding through a context-based approach, enabling them to progress to GCE AS where they will develop their knowledge and understanding of concepts.
Read the QCA subject criteria for Psychology here.
Back to the GCSE Psychology homepage