Why choose Edexcel GCSE History B?
• A wide choice of topics so you can tailor the course to suit the needs of your students
• Students study history in breadth and depth, develop source skills and consider representations of history through controlled assessment
• An assessment structure with four equally weighted units that gives all students the chance to show what they can do
• Based on our GCE History specification to support the transition to A level
• A complete range of support from our dedicated History Subject Advisor and his team
• A comprehensive suite of both print and digital resources written for the specification.
More about our GCSE from 2009 in History B
A wide choice of topics
A greater choice of topics is available to suit the needs and preferences of you and your students, giving you the flexibility to decide which topics to teach.
An assessment structure with four equally weighted units
Edexcel GCSE History has four equally weighted units, each worth 25%, with three one-hour-15-minute exams, each assessing a single content area or skill. These focused question papers help students to understand what they are being assessed on in each exam and to plan their revision.
Based on our GCE History specification
Our GCSE specifications have been carefully designed to support students’ transition to studying our History GCE. There is a common approach to both specifications and lots of choice and flexibility to enable you to construct a coherent and exciting programme that will motivate and inspire students.
A complete range of support
Whatever your query – whether it's about the specification, schemes of work or assessment - our History Subject Advisor Mark Battye and his team will be happy to help. Our free controlled assessment teacher support books provide information, practical support and guidance to help you to understand, plan, run and mark controlled assessments with confidence.
ResultsPlus is our free, online service giving instant and detailed analysis of your students’ exam and mock performance, helping you to help them more effectively.
A comprehensive suite of print and digital resources
Our comprehensive suite of both print and digital resources provides specific support for Edexcel GCSE History B to allow you to teach the course with confidence. All of our books are written by experienced examiners and teachers to cover all examined options and the most popular controlled assessment topics.*
* Our paid-for resources are not essential for delivering our specifications. We encourage teachers and students to make an informed choice about the teaching and learning resources that best meet their needs.
Back to the GCSE History B homepage