We’re pleased to announce our new and improved free Initial Assessment Tool (IAT) for English and maths is now available.
We have developed this tool to help teachers and tutors screen a learner’s existing skills and give an indication of their ability in English and mathematics from Entry Level 1 up to Level 2. It can also be used as part of Information Advice and Guidance practice.
We have improved the Initial Assessment Tool to make it more adaptive to your learners' abilities and alter the types of questions it asks according to learners' answers in the first half of the assessment. It complements other initial assessment instruments that might be available to you but that are not specifically designed to assess Edexcel Functional Skills.
New features also include:
- group profiles
- teachers/tutors have a personal log-in code which enables them to securely view their learning groups’ performance
- each group and subject can be given a separate code
- profiles can be exported to a spreadsheet, showing marks, level and time taken to complete the assessments
- screen colour can be changed for dyslexic learners – this functionality is operated in the actual test in the same way as our onscreen Functional Skills tests
- ability to save the entire test to PDF to aide feedback – this can be saved to a desktop, memory stick or printed.
Please note: This is not a full diagnostic tool and is not intended to replace any commercially produced product. The Edexcel Functional Skills IAT will give your learner a broad idea of what level they are operating at, but this should not be taken as an indication of what level of Edexcel Functional Skills test they will pass. This is not a practice test and we strongly recommend that learners follow a suitable programme of delivery and learning before they are entered for live assessments.
Read our Initial Assessment Tool deliverer's guide
Try our new Initial Assessment Tool now!