Support for planning, delivery and assessment
In our recent consultation, we heard about what kind of guidance you need to deliver BTEC. That’s why, for our next generation of BTEC Firsts, we’re providing more support than ever before.
These are all available to download today for the Award size (120 GLH), unless otherwise stated.
- Specification Our specifications have been slimmed down for 2012 to give you clear and handy guidance on the unit-by-unit content and learning outcomes.
- Delivery Guide Your unit-by-unit guide to successful delivery of BTEC First, this companion to the specification will help you get ready for first teaching.
- Sample Assessment Materials External assessment is new to BTEC, and these SAMs provide you with examples so you can help your learners prepare and take assessment with confidence.
- Specification Structures These mapping grids compare BTEC 2010 QCF and BTEC 2012 NQF, so you can plan for the new structure more easily.
- Pearson Authorised Assignment Briefs A range of assignments briefs which you can use ‘off the shelf’ or edit and adapt to suit your course.
- Sample Schemes of Work For core units, these will help you plan your teaching. coming soon
- Getting Started Guide and Study Skills Activities Essential advice, top tips and tools to help you plan and deliver your BTEC qualification.
- Sample Marked Learner Work A sample of learner work with assessor commentary indicating where learners have met merit or distinction criteria. coming soon
Optional support: Learning & teaching resources
Edexcel’s paid-for resources, as well as resources endorsed by Edexcel, are not a pre-requisite for the delivery of Edexcel’s specifications.