Improving English for speakers of other languages
Our Edexcel ESOL qualifications support learners whose first language is not English. As they improve their communication skills, learners work towards fulfilling their potential in the workplace, in education and beyond. An Edexcel ESOL qualification is one of the best ways for learners to gain the skills that will allow them to progress.
At all levels and across the suite, all modes of Edexcel ESOL are individually assessed by an externally set test paper that is marked internally and verified externally.
About Edexcel ESOL (Skills for Life)
Each centre must appoint an internal verifier who will be able to confirm the consistency and quality of assessment in the centre across assessors by:
- advising on interpretation of the National Standards
- coordinating assessment practice
- providing advice and support to teachers/assessors
- regular sampling of assessments to confirm the accuracy of teacher/assessor judgements
- maintaining assessment documentation
- providing feedback to the teacher/assessors, the centre and to Edexcel.
All of our Edexcel ESOL qualifications are designed to assess the learning set out in the ESOL Core Curriculum. The online version of this is available via the Excellence Gateway.