You are telling us that the introduction of the English Baccalaureate into school performance tables has resulted in new decisions being made about the curriculum you now offer your students. In particular, the broader range of students now studying GCSE Languages.
At Edexcel, we have developed our qualifications, resources and support to engage all your students as well as to help support your teaching. In particular, we know you will want to support your C/D borderline students.
We are also developing further our ResultsPlus service which will allow you to track the progress of each individual student taking an Edexcel EBacc qualification.
More choice and control over what you teach
Specifications offering flexibility on what to teach, and when to enter students for exams
- Specifications based on successful pilots (French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and Urdu)
- Option to focus on one theme for both speaking and writing skills.
- Varied controlled assessment tasks designed to suit students of all abilities
- Tiered papers for wider access (listening and reading)
- Decide on the day of the exam which tier your students should sit
- Clear content and exams.
In addition to our specifications, a wide range of free and comprehensive support is available to help you to plan and teach our language qualifications. These include:
- Sample Assessment Materials
- Controlled Assessment Material
- Mark Schemes
- Student Guides
- Teacher Support Materials
- Past Examination Papers
- Examiner Reports
This support is available on the qualification subject pages below.
Resources designed with students’ needs in mind
We publish a wealth of resources to help make your teaching more inspirational and engaging. To accompany our GCSE Languages specifications, our suite of resources includes:
- Student books - specially written for our French, German, Spanish and Chinese GCSE qualifications. Higher Tier and Foundation Tier versions are available for French, German and Spanish
- ActiveTeach – allows you to deliver engaging and motivating lessons, including all the planning and support materials from the Teacher Guide. ActiveTeach gives you direct access to interactive learning skills activities, ResultsPlus exam-style practice, a digital version of the Student Book and BBC video.
Double your departmental spend
We know departmental budgets are tight. With the possibility of more students entering GCSE modern languages from this September, your allocated funds for teaching and learning resources could be stretched even further.
As part of our commitment to supporting your EBacc curriculum, we’d like to help you. Whatever you spend with us on our Edexcel GCSE modern languages* published resources we will double. This offer is available until 31 August 2011.
To find out how to redeem this offer, please call our Curriculum Consultancy team on 0800 083 5011.
*Minimum spend £100. The purchase of these resources is not a precondition for the delivery of these qualifications. Resources for these qualifications may also be available from other publishers.
Expert advice when you need it
Our Languages Subject Advisor and his team are on hand to answer your subject-related queries.
You can email TeachingLanguages@pearson.com or call 0844 576 0035.
Our training courses will help you prepare for teaching
We are here to support your training requirements and are currently devising a programme of courses to help teachers get up to speed with our GCSE Languages specifications.
Visit the Training from Edexcel website to find out more.
Track each individual student’s progress in their EBacc subjects
ResultsPlus is our free online service that enables you to analyse your students’ examination and mock results.
To support your EBacc curriculum further, we are now developing a new EBacc Tracker that will enable you to track your students’ performance across Edexcel’s qualifications recognised for the EBacc. Further information will be available on this soon.
Take advantage of our free EBacc curriculum advice
Our Curriculum Support Consultants can provide you with information, help and practical support about our GCSE Languages suite, resources and training for teachers within your department.
Call 0800 083 5011 to talk to the Curriculum Consultancy team today.
Languages qualifications that count towards the English Baccalaureate