|Pearson is delighted to announce the launch of this year's National BTEC Awards which, for the first time, will be open to international learners, with an award for Outstanding International BTEC Student added to this year's list of categories.
Recognising vocational excellence
Every year, we hear many wonderful stories from teachers, tutors and other learning providers about truly outstanding BTEC students and apprentices in schools, colleges and work-based placements across the UK and internationally.
Now in their third year, the National BTEC Awards: recognising vocational excellence reward these individuals, along with the excellent teachers, tutors, schools, colleges, training providers and employers who deliver their learning.
Previous years' winners have been proved to be exceptional vocational students, apprentices, practitioners and organisations – so do you have what it takes to join their ranks in 2013?
Shout your successes from the rooftops!
Do you have an outstanding BTEC student or apprentice who deserves to have their achievements recognised? Do you know a top BTEC teacher or tutor who inspires the best in their students and deserves national and international recognition? Do you believe your school, college or organisation should be recognised for its excellence in BTEC delivery?
If so, let us know by submitting your nominations now for:
- Outstanding BTEC Student 2013*
- Outstanding International BTEC Student 2013**
- Outstanding BTEC Adult Learner 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Teacher/Tutor 2013
- Outstanding BTEC School/College 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Apprentice 2013 (16- to 18-year-olds and 19- to 24-year-olds)
- Most Innovative BTEC Apprenticeship Provider 2013
* This award category is only open to students studying BTECs in UK schools and colleges and with UK-based training providers.
** This award category is only open to students studying BTECs in non-UK schools and colleges and with non-UK based training providers.
** Our international winner and representatives from their school or college will be flown to London (with travel and accommodation paid for) to attend the Awards Ceremony on 4 July 2013.
As well as these seven main categories, there will also be awards for the most outstanding student within their sector, with categories for:
- Outstanding BTEC Business and Enterprise Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Child & Social Care Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Construction Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Creative Art and Design Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Hospitality and Travel & Tourism Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC IT Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Land Based Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Media Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Performing Arts Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Public Services Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Science and Engineering Student 2013
- Outstanding BTEC Sport Student 2013
The 2013 prizes and awards ceremony
Some very prestigious prizes will be awarded to this year's winners:
- Each BTEC student winner will win the opportunity of a work experience placement with a well-known employer in their sector
- The Outstanding BTEC Student 2013, the Outstanding BTEC International Student 2013, the Outstanding BTEC Teacher/Tutor 2013, the two Outstanding BTEC Apprentices 2013 and the Outstanding BTEC Adult Learner 2013 will each receive an iPad
- The schools or colleges of each of the winning students and tutors will receive a selection of Pearson resources
- All winners will receive a certificate and a trophy
- Plus the pride in knowing that your vocational excellence has been recognised and celebrated!
This year's glittering awards ceremony will be held in London on Thursday 4 July 2013, where the winners will be announced and will receive their prizes in front of an invited audience of teachers, tutors, parents, work-based learning providers, employers, MPs and many more experts in vocational excellence.
Rod Bristow, President of Pearson UK and special guests will be speaking at the awards ceremony to celebrate the winners and share their thoughts on the importance of vocational education.