What is the BTEC Assignment Checking Service?
The Assignment Checking Service is a free support service for BTEC centres that's designed to help you ensure that your assignments enable learners to demonstrate appropriate evidence across the required criteria.
The service has been especially useful for programme teams who are relatively new to BTEC and who want to check that their assignments – particularly for new specifications – are fully meeting the requirements of the specification.
Who can use it?
The Assignment Checking Service is available to all approved BTEC centres. You can submit assignments for a maximum of two units per BTEC programme.
How do I submit my assignment?
To submit your assignments for checking, please complete our
Assignment Checking Submission Form
- Be careful to include all the information required and fill out the submission form correctly, as we cannot accept assignments for checking unless all details are complete.
- Please ensure you read the terms and conditions of this service before submitting the form.
What happens next?
- A standards verifier will assess your assignment briefs and let you know whether they are fit for purpose or whether they need amending to enable learners to demonstrate appropriate evidence across the required criteria.
- You can expect to hear from a subject expert by email within 10 working days of your submission.
- Please note: Once you've received your feedback, this is the end of the assignment checking process. There is no facility for revised assignment briefs to be resubmitted.
If you need any more information, please email ACS@pearson.com.