International GCSE specifications are not approved for use in UK state schools.
Edexcel's International General Certificates of Secondary Education (International GCSEs) are level 1 and level 2 international qualifications that prepare students for academic and vocational study at level 3, including progression to GCE AS or A levels, BTECs, the International Diploma or employment.
Edexcel International GCSE qualifications:
• are relevant and academically rigorous
• are currently available in 40 subjects
• are recognised as equivalent, grade for grade, to a UK GCSE, and have the same status in terms of university entry requirements
• are recognised around the world by employers and educators
• provide a sound foundation for progression to Edexcel GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS) and Advanced Level (A level) qualifications.
Many International GCSEs have a distinct international element. Our specialists have developed subject content to make it more relevant to students worldwide. Our International GCSEs continue to go from strength to strength, directing students towards a better future. Read more about International GCSEs from 2009