Quality assurance for work-based qualifications
Spanning everything from centre approval to assessment, the quality assurance process is vital in ensuring the integrity and value of our qualifications. We aim to assist employers and work-based learning providers to help their learners succeed by:
- Providing support from approval right through to certification
- Offering a range of quality assurance processes to suit your needs
- Using a flexible and robust approach that helps retain learners and promotes timely achievement
- Ensuring our quality assurance visits are focused on supporting, rather than auditing
- Offering a suite of resources to support the quality assurance process, including workbooks, webinars, training events and our Ask the Expert service.
We realise that quality assurance can seem complex, so we aim to give you all the support and guidance you need to meet our quality requirements. For a better understanding of the quality assurance process for BTEC Apprenticeships, please see the document below:
Work-Based Learning: BTEC Apprenticeships Quality Assurance Handbook 2013-14
We have developed a single handbook for Work-Based Learning centres delivering BTEC Apprenticeships and BTEC Higher Apprenticeships. We quality assure BTECs, NVQ/SVQs and competence qualifications within the BTEC Apprenticeship framework through standards verification visits across all components where possible. This handbook is effective from 1 September 2013 until 31 August 2014 and addresses the quality assurance arrangements for Work-Based Learning centres delivering BTECs, NVQ/SVQs and competence-based qualifications within the BTEC Apprenticeship framework.
Please note: If your centre is offering standalone BTECs or NVQ/SVQs, please refer to the UK Vocational Assurance Handbook 2013-14.
For more information, visit the Quality Assurance pages of the BTEC website, or contact us.