About ESNE – University School of Design, Madrid
ESNE is the leading design school in Spain, and the only private university with official approval from the Spanish government for its degree programmes. With an innovative approach and state-of-the-art facilities, ESNE represents a model of excellence in the private university sector.
Key facts and figures:
|"Our aim is to prepare our students for a robust academic future and a prosperous professional career along with a fun, unique and memorable lifestyle. ESNE has a commitment to excellence and the experience that a good design is equivalent to economic development."
- Rafael Diaz, Executive Director, ESNE.
| City and country
||Madrid, Oviedo and Pamplona, Spain|
| Established since
| Edexcel centre since
| Annual turnover
| Number of students
| Av. Annual growth
| Av. HND annual fee
| Av. AD annual fee
| 2010 Edexcel registrations
| Students entering employment after studies
ESNE’s incredible success, sustaining 50% growth per annum despite a tough economic backdrop, is based on its solid business strategy and successful business partnerships with leading organisations such as Edexcel.
The key to ESNE’s success:
- A unique proposition for students: providing Design AD and HND qualifications for industries that are not served by universities, or national qualifications, in Spain.
- Developing strong links with employers such as Electronic Arts (EA Games), SAGA FURS, Cortefiel, FX Interactive, Enigma Software, Virtual Toys, Corte Ingles, Mango, IKEA and WGSN.
- Working with respected private universities, such as UCJC (Universidad Camilo Jose Cela) in Spain or Wolverhampton University in the UK, to secure partnerships and progression agreements.
- Sustainable brand growth, bringing ESNE to other Spanish cities such as Oviedo and Pamplona.
- Using contemporary e-marketing techniques to drive over 1,500 students to their website via Google and Ibercampus, instead of using expensive mass media channels.
- Gaining endorsement from the local British Council.
- Authorisation as an International Centre from the Madrid Autonomous Community.
- Professional partnership with Pearson PTE Academic, as well as being a VUE Authorised centre in Madrid.
Where does Edexcel come in?
ESNE delivers the following Edexcel BTEC qualifications:
- Video gaming (programming and design) – AD and HND
- Graphic design - HND
- 3D Design (Interior Design) – AD and HND
- Fashion and textiles – AD and HND
With 86 registrations last year, ESNE generates revenue in excess of €500,000 from Edexcel qualifications alone.
What next for ESNE?
- Quadrupling student capacity with new premises providing facilities for 2,000 students.
- Developing further university links in Spain and in the UK.
- Developing non-EU international links to recruit more students via an agent network.
- Helping to develop student business through business incubation and entrepreneurship.
- Providing HND courses online.
- Becoming an Edexcel International Centre for Excellence.
Contacts for partnership development:
ESNE School of Design
Rafael Diaz, PhD
+34 91 555 25 email@example.com www.esne.es Edexcel
Regional Development Manager
+44 (0) 788 571 firstname.lastname@example.org